Countryside for Everyone - ACE
- Disabled Access, Wheelchair walks, Easy
Access, Access for All, Mobility, Walks on Wheels.
- Record of Cees Van der Veen's visite to the Yorkshire Dales.
- Walking routes visiting ancient sites in the moors and mountains of
Walkers' Action (MWA)
- A community membership organisation which has
initiated three waymarked walks and a number of other shorter walks around
Mytholmroyd, all setting off from Mytholmroyd station. Now aiming to
raise money to fund future initiatives.
- The first
port of call for information about walking in Brittany, with articles,
sample walks, long-distance suggestions, book reviews and regularly changing
information of interest to walkers.
Way The Nidderdale Way is a 53 mile
(85 km) walk through the wonderful landscape of Nidderdale. It is
traditionally walked in four stages, none of which is longer than 15 miles.
Get the free guide here.
and River Trust - Our canals and rivers are wonderful places to walk in
the autumn. With 2,000 miles of traffic-free towpaths for you to explore,
itís easy to swap the bustling streets for the relaxing world of your
- Award winning John and Anne Nuttalls' guidebooks for
Walks - The leading free online resource for walking in the Cheviot
Hills at the heart of the Northumberland National Park
- Walks in North Yorkshire and County Durham
originally published in the Darlington and Stockton Times from 2000 to 2018.
All the walks are located within the circulation area of the newspaper.
- Information on bus and train services in and around the
- A photodiary of walks in the English Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales
and on the limestone fringe.
- Free guided walks in the Yorkshire Dales, all
accessible by public transport.
Paths and Trails - Over 2,000 Websites throughout the UK describing
paths, trails, walks, ways etc. 'open to all'.
- Software for managing and mapping GPS information (waypoints,
routes and tracks). Use it for transferring data between GPS receivers and
many other software applications. It is particularly useful for dealing with
data in different file formats, datums and grid coordinate systems.
- Information about walks and photos by Pete Collins.
- Diaries of a Long Distance Walker.
- Rowena Padel's journal of her walks in the glorious New Forest and other
parts of the country.
- The mountains of England and Wales.
- Website showing walks and other
activities enjoyed by Richard Ratcliffe, Burnley, Lancs.
- Hillwalkers Gallery.
- Outdoor Gear Reviews, Hiking and Extreme Adventures Around the World.
- A series of walking books exploring the Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors
and Teesdale. Full colour mapping and dog friendly routes.
- Walking routes, with photographs and maps, in
North Yorkshire, Northern England and elsewhere.
- Roger and Ann Hileys' website.
- Backpacking in Britain.